From the Principal

Dear Parents,

We have returned to “almost normal” at school with most students returning. A few things still remain different.

Parents and visitors still cannot enter the school. This is working okay and on a positive note we have noticed that the Year 1’s and 2’s are showing increased independence and getting themselves organised for their school day. The front of school drop off seems to be working well and we will continue with the two models (using the driveway for the K/PP when wet).

Reporting to Parents:  Reports will have no rating scales, just comments in Semester 1

No incursions/excursions/assemblies:  We are investigating having some assembly type activities being videoed so that parents can keep up to date with activities.

COVID 19 update in relation to students being sick

The Australian Health Protection Principal Committee states:

Message for parents: if your child is sick, they must not go to school. You must keep them at home and away from others.  Remember to maintain physical distancing from other parents and teachers when attending school, including when dropping off and picking up your children.

I realize that this is going to impact upon our attendance, as we are going through the usual winter coughs and colds. However, this year we can’t take any risks and we appreciate you keeping sick children home and supporting us if we make a decision that a child really needs to go home. Thanking You

Term 2 School Development Day – June 2

On 8 May the Director General confirmed arrangements around this year’s School Development Days. She stated that the first day of Term 2 was a pupil free day to assist school in their preparation for Term 2. This means that the School Development Day planned for Tuesday June 2 will go ahead. We will use the day to complete committee work and school development tasks. Families will have an extra-long June weekend (and hopefully be able to go away!). 

Year 5 Camp – Postponed

The year 5 camp scheduled for 3 June 2020 has been postponed and will be re-scheduled for another date either later in 2020 or in 2021.  The details need to be decided in consultation with the camp ground which is currently closed due to COVID 19.  We will provide details as soon as we are aware of the new arrangements.

Thanking You

Clive Emby








Positive Behaviours

Week 5:  When things go wrong I talk about it truthfully.

Week 6:  I have a go and do my best at everything.