The WA Department of Health is funding the Better Health Program in the Perth metropolitan region. The ten week program is available to families both face-to-face and online. We are currently accepting registrations.
What is the Better Health Program?
The Better Health Program is a free, healthy lifestyle program for families. The program is evidence-based and is developed and delivered by qualified health professionals to support families with making sustainable health changes. Children (and their families) are eligible to participate in the program if they are:
- Aged 7-13 years
- Above a healthy weight
In Term 3 Face-to-face program locations include:
- Herb Graham Recreation Centre Mirrabooka, Tuesdays commencing 20th of July 2021
- George Burnett Leisure Centre Karawara, Wednesdays commencing 21st of July 2021
- Rebound Arena Port Kennedy, Thursdays commencing 22nd of July 2021
Note: Additional locations to be announced shortly!
For those unable to attend a face-to-face program, the online program includes:
- Weekly interactive modules
- Weekly phone coaching support with a health professional
- Lots of freebies (including a garmin fitness tracker and other great resources)
Benefits to families:
- Learn about healthy habits in a fun and engaging way
- Support and resources to establish healthy habits
- Flexible program delivery – Face-to-face in the community or online