Welcome to the last newsletter for Term 2.
It has been a positive term and I thank everyone for their efforts in making it successful. It has been great to see our Story Dogs program getting some positive media. A big thank you to Mrs Williams who constantly works hard to improve the library and make things better for our students. Please click here to hear the ABC Radio Interview of the Story Dog Program at Leeming PS.
One issue that raises it head fairly regularly is that of parking. Unfortunately our school was not designed with a ‘Drop and Kiss’ arrangement and it is very hard to retro-engineer that into our streetscape. As our numbers steadily grow we are going to have more cars to deal with.
Some ideas / preferences / rules:
- The car park is for staff. As there are staff members starting at a variety of times we need to ensure that there is no mixing of students and cars entering and leaving. Please do not pick up or drop off students in the car park at any time.
- There are four road sides to the school. Each side provides access to the school. Plan to meet your child at a particular spot.
- Please do not park on the pavement as it is hard to see small children walking in front or behind your vehicle.
- Maybe create a mini bus where you pick up students along the way.
- Stop and park at the end of the street and encourage your child to walk to meet you. Good for parking as well as fitness!
- Encourage your child to walk/ride/scooter. Fitness, fitness, fitness!
I don’t want to make a big issue out of this but I am constantly worried about your child/ren’s safety. Please talk to your child about road safety.
The RAC have created a website to encourage students to learn/embed road safety from an early age. Click here for further information and resources.
As part of the music program our students will be attending a Singing Festival at Bannister Creek PS on Monday 25th June.
There are separate times for the Juniors and Seniors.
No payments will be accepted on Friday morning so please ensure that forms and payments are returned by Thursday 21st June to avoid disappointment.
Permission forms may be emailed to Leeming.PS.Office@education.wa.edu.au and payments can be made online, by credit card or cash to the front office. Please click below for the correct permission form.
Senior (Year 4,5,6) Singing Festival 2018 – Permission
Junior (Year 2&3) Festival 2018 – Permission
Parents are welcome to attend. Please note the different times for the Junior and Senior students.
Leeming Primary School is now accepting enrolments from students who will commence in 2019 including Kindergarten students. Please contact the office for an application form or visit the Leeming Primary School website.
Please note that all applications must be supported by the following documentation.
- Original Birth Certificate
- Immunisation History Statement (MyGov)
- Proof of residential address (Gas/Electric Bill)
- Visa Documentation where applicable.
Please note that the cut-off date also applies to students moving from Year 6 to Year 7 (Secondary School) in 2019.
For more information on moving to Leeming Senior High School please click here.
PRIVATE PIANO LESSONS AVAILABLE AT LEEMING PRIMARY SCHOOL
- During school hours!
- Students escorted from their classroom to and from their lesson.
- Teacher: Aleisha O’Neill, Bachelor or Education: Music and Drama specialist with over 10 years experience teaching piano.
- All levels welcome.
- Begins: Term 3, Week 2.
- $30 for 30-minute lesson.
For all enquiries and further information please contact:
Ph: 0413 628 023
Click here to see the flyer
Please see link below for Grasshopper Soccer – Term 3 Program
Please see the flyer below for Bricks4Kids July School Holiday Program.
Please see the flyers below for next term’s T-Botz program andJuly School Holiday Program.
Women’s Health and Wellbeing Services, a not-for-profit organisation based in Gosnells, promotes the overall wellbeing, self esteem, independence, self responsibility and health awareness of women in our community.
They have some exciting workshops and courses for families in the next 2 months.
Please click here to view the flyer.